Use this letter to stop gym membership servicers from calling you. See bottom of page for easy instructions.
City, State Zip
Certified Mail (put in number from green card [See instructions below])
Gym membership servicers name
City, State Zip
Re: Gym membership Number (insert your membership number)
My phone number (insert your phone number)
Dear Gym membership servicers:
Pursuant to my rights under the FDCPA, I am demanding you immediately stop communication with me, my family, friends, and employer regarding this and all other Gym membership services and/or debts you are contacting me about or attempting to collect from me.
If you are claiming I ever consented to receive calls, texts or messages on this number, while I deny that I did, I hereby revoke that consent pursuant to my rights under both the FDCPA and the TCPA regarding this number and this and all other Gym membership services and/or debts you are contacting me about or attempting to collect from me..
If you do not comply with this demand, I will pursue all legal claims I may have against you.
Your Name and signature
Tips for Using the Cease and Desist Letter Template
Read these all the way once before doing anything.
- Type or handwrite the letter neatly
- Put in your information including
- the current date,
your name, address,
the debt collectors name and address
(in the Re: line) account number given by the debt collector
as well as your phone number
- Make a copy of the letter.
- Go to the post office to mail and they will show you how to send the letter certified mail return receipt requested (green card). Write your address on the face of the green card.Bring these instructions with you if you’re not sure what to ask them at the post office. It will cost $3-4. It’s worth it
- Write the return receipt number on the letter before you send it.
- They will give you a receipt.
- Bring that home and staple to your copy of the letter .
- When the green card comes back also staple that to your copy of the letter. You now have proof you sent it and that they got it.
- Keep the copy in a safe place.